Saturday, June 7, 2008

Greetings from the world of Fine Art and welcome to my Art Blog. My journey in Art has become my passion. I believe in the beautiful and the aesthetic in Art. My obsession is to produce Art that uplifts and captures the elements of light and space in a way that moves the viewer's emotions.
At the heart of my work is my fascination with the figure which has been the case for several years. I also have had a lifelong interest in junk and assembling junk into interesting art. I love the female face and figure and it was only a matter of time before these two passions merged.
Every piece of artwork I have created pushes the envelope of what is possible to achieve.
This is one of my favourite models Erin - done in oils on canvas with neutral colours. When Erin is posing for me, she is able to transmit the expressiveness I look for. This painting is titled "An Artist's Model" and measures 36" x 18".

3 comments:

Sharilyn Miller said...

Carole, I am so excited to see that you're blogging now! This is so great. Your painting is gorgeous and I look forward to seeing many more of them in future posts.
I'm linking my blog to yours, right away!
Welcome to blogland, my friend!
Hugs,
Sharilyn

Susan Krieg said...

Dear Carole,
Your painting is amazing. Your traditional oil paintings are pure perfection and you carry that same sophistication into your rich contemporary assemblages. I was wondering if you had any general comments about the Montreal art market that you might share with other artists.
ps. I'm excited about your blog.
Love,
Susan Krieg

Sheryl M. said...

Hi Mom,
Nice blog you have there!
And as usual, your painting is beautiful. Love, love the pink theme. I'll be visiting your blog often to see your progress.
xoxoxo
Sheryl